New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Adobe CS2 - Deactivate, Reactivate - Computer Upgrade Project?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ELSELS

ELSELS is on a distinguished road

Adobe CS2 - Deactivate, Reactivate - Computer Upgrade Project?

Hello,

I currently has an Apple PowerBook G4 laptop, running Adobe CS2 Premium Suite software, registered and activated.

I have since, recently acquired a MacBook Pro (MBP) laptop, that I want to use the Adobe CS2 software on.

I was considering using the Apple/Mac "Migration" software to transfer this entire program, over to the MBP, yet being still relatively NEW to the "World of Apple",
I wasn't sure if it would be wiser to simply install directly onto my MBP, using the DVD discs?

So, my main initial questions are:

1.) Do I need to DEACTIVATE, first the Adobe CS2 installation on the PowerBook G4, BEFORE I install the Adobe CS2 on my MBP?

2.) Will I encounter (or not), any issues/problems, REACTIVATING, it on my MBP?

I ask because, I figured that there must be other members here in the MAC-FORUM, that have done similar upgrades from computer to computer.

Thanks for everyone's help, tips, advice, etc...

Have a nice day/evening,

Ed
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

If the new laptop is running 10.7 (Lion), CS2 will not run on it.

Other than that, if you've installed it on 2 machines already you'll need to deactivate one. If all else fails, calling Adobe will sort things out in short order (done that more than once, they've always been great)

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
ELSELS

Hello,

What in the software, prevents it from running on Lion?

(I'm new to the "World of Apple", so slowly learning my way around..)

Thanks!

Ed
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

It was written for PowerPC processors. New Mac's are Intel based. Apple dropped legacy processor support on Lion (there are actually a bunch of good reasons to do this). In short CS2 was written for 2004/2005 hardware.

mike
QUOTE Thanks
ELSELS

Hello,

Ok, thanks for the more detailed explanation, so sounds like it should/might still run under Snow Leopard, but preferred to use Lion.

I wouldn't mind at all to upgrade to CS3, CS4 or the latest CS5 version, if it was more easily affordable...

Thanks!

Ed
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Yes, CS2 will run under Snow Leopard.

At least upgrades are generally discounted

mike
QUOTE Thanks
ELSELS

Hello,

Do you happen to know, can I upgrade "directly" from CS2 --> CS5 ,
(meaning, don't need to 'step through getting the software in order' such as: CS2 --> CS3 --> CS4 --> CS5)?

Thanks!

Ed
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Well, in my experience.. Upgrade versions are FULL versions, but require a VALID upgradable serial number to install. As well as the upgrades SN. Check with Adobe regarding their CS2 > CS5 upgrade path

mike
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Why so long to encode movies to mpg? | MS Word 2011 and page numbers »