New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iCAL not syncing with Google Calendar!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

qposner

qposner is an unknown at this point

My iCal has the (!) (in a triangle) notification appearing constantly every time it tries to sync, and when I click on it I get the message "The server responded with an error. The calendar https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/...mail.com/user/ was not found on the server. Make sure the URL is correct." This happens even when I delete and then add the calendar again in iCal - it loads everything from my Google Calendar but then usually within 15 minutes or so, when it's trying to sync again, the server error appears. Basically, it will sync anything added to Google Calendar, but nothing added/deleted in iCal. Obviously it is finding the server if it's syncing anything that I add into my Google Calendar, but i find it odd that after 6 months of everything syncing properly I am suddenly seeing this server error. Any suggestions? Also, here is Google's response to my problem and the complaints of others:

Google currently returns 302 error to every DELETE request coming from iCal on MacOS.

iCal 4 stops executing all sync requests after first error, thus any later changes will not be synced with Google Calendar if you deleted at least one event from iCal.

iCal 5.0.1 will not execute DELETE requests, but it will execute all other requests.

Unfortunately, at the moment we can't accept DELETE requests from iCal until Apple finds and fixes underlying issue. If we do so, it would result in hundreds of thousands users who lost their data.

As a workaround, we suggest you delete events from Web version of Calendar at http://calendar.google.com
Also, sync requests coming from iOS devices work properly.

So are all of who use iCal and Google Calendar screwed?
QUOTE Thanks
IslandJustin

IslandJustin is on a distinguished road

I was having the exact same issue. After following the steps in TastyTofu's post over here, it was working again without error

Google calendar suddenly stopped syncing with ical - Calendar Help
QUOTE Thanks
qposner

qposner is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandJustin View Post
I was having the exact same issue. After following the steps in TastyTofu's post over here, it was working again without error

Google calendar suddenly stopped syncing with ical - Calendar Help
Looks like it is a much bigger problem than this. As said in that thread and others, Google temporarily shut off some functionality (deleting things from iCal) to keep it from deleting whole calendars in iCloud. Looks to me like they have shut off more than just deleting, because iCal doesn't do anything useful with Google calendars (for me) after it starts. You can try removing the google calendar from iCal and that will give you a fresh version without the annoying triangle, but so far I'm getting no love from iCal--it just won't do anything to edit, add or delete any events on a Google Calendar.
QUOTE Thanks
IslandJustin

IslandJustin is on a distinguished road

Did you try also removing and re-adding the account along with clearing the cache? I had done that before clearing the cache. Right now I'm able to use my Google account calendar via iCal without any issues or triangle warning.

Also, I thought it would be worth mentioning I'm using iCal 4.0.4 on OS X 10.6.8

Hope that helps.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What is this line? | eBay Spreadsheet Template »