New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Small Retail Business Accounting Software Advice

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

EndlessAuto

EndlessAuto is on a distinguished road

I already used the search feature and found some suggestions, but I noticed there weren't many recent discussions about accounting software and I was wondering if there were any new suggestions/alternatives. So far I am looking at the following; MYOB and MoneyWorks.

Here's a breakdown of my business; Smaller retail storefront that also does online sales and will have a website in the near future that will also feature a shopping cart feature for purchasing. Highest anticipated monthly sales will be $50,000. Looking for software to track sales with both my cost and retail cost, ability to create invoices and quotes with business logo on them, being able to create sales reports to compare month-to-month stats.

It would also be a bonus if the software did credit card sales through a merchant account so I don't have to go through a 3rd party. Also a POS add on would be nice at some point, but for now I just create invoices on the go since I don't barcode my inventory.

Thanks for any help/advice you can give me.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Sounds like you want to look at QuickBooks. I don't know if the Apple version will do what you want, but I believe the windows version will.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessAuto

My first thought was QuickBooks...that's what I would have went with if I stuck with a PC...but after reading some reviews from Mac users it seems like they shy away from Quicken stuff.
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessAuto

Do any smaller retail business owners have any input on the MYOB software? I'm really liking the looks of it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Gmod for mac not working! | WEIRD! Parentheses turn into alien heads when copy/pasting from scientific articles »