New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Very subtle issue with microsoft word

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

David531

David531 is on a distinguished road

Don't mean to sound like I'm dissecting problems out of thin air, but there is a little subtle issue I'd love to fix with Microsoft word. Let's say I have two windows open (at least one of the being a word document), if my last click was on something other than the word window (so the other window is selected), I would like to be able to hover over the word window and use scroll. This works for pretty much every other application, such as browsers and pretty much anything. I actually noticed that on my friend's microsoft word, she is able to do this, but she was unaware of any setting she might have changed. Any idea how I could do this? thanks, and let me know if you'd like me to clarify the issue... I tried to explain it clearly.
QUOTE Thanks
David531

just updated to the latest version, and it works now.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

I understand the issue - but it's always worked for me that way. One of the things I love about OS X over Windows. At work I always have to make an extra mouse click - which over time - becomes incredibly annoying. I think that's really an element of OS X - not specific to Word.
QUOTE Thanks
David531

yeah haha.. it's funny that such a minor (lack-of) feature was driving me so nuts. one other thing i'd love to know about, and if it can be fixed -- when I'm using the notebook in word, if i am on one tab and I've scrolled down through it, and then I look at somehting in another tab, and come back to the first one, it starts me at the top of the page, and not where i left off... any way to keep it where I left it? thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

I completely understand. Now that I'm so accustomed to it with OS X - I find it remarkably annoying at work. Easy to get spoiled I guess.

Regarding your second question - I don't know - I've only used the notebook view one time - and even then - it was more out of curiosity than anything else. I don't have any notebooks to go test on. I'm sure someone here does though...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iCloud? | iCloud and syncing Mail Rules »