New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Online exchange

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

etunges

etunges is on a distinguished road

Could anybody explain to me how I get “online exchange” working with my Outlook 2011 for Mac.
I don’t have an exchange account or anything. Only an e-mail address (from my web host) so I would need the whole process from getting signed up with exchange to the setup on Iphone end outlook!
Is it possible at all?
QUOTE Thanks
etunges

Quote:
Originally Posted by etunges View Post
Could anybody explain to me how I get “online exchange” working with my Outlook 2011 for Mac.
I don’t have an exchange account or anything. Only an e-mail address (from my web host) so I would need the whole process from getting signed up with exchange to the setup on Iphone end outlook!
Is it possible at all?

No one???
QUOTE Thanks
idsamdg

idsamdg is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac, macbook, iphone4S, ipad2

Hi Mate,

I think the first question is - what do you want to be able to do? Setting up your e-mail on a hosted exchange server can be quite expensive and therefore only a good choice if there is specific functionality that you need. Most exchange functionality (though not all) can be found via a free account.

If you let me know why you want an exchange account - I might be able to point you in the right direction.

-IDSAMDG

-IDSAMDG

iMessage me: bryanwagneradair@me.com
QUOTE Thanks
etunges

Quote:
Originally Posted by idsamdg View Post
Hi Mate,

I think the first question is - what do you want to be able to do? Setting up your e-mail on a hosted exchange server can be quite expensive and therefore only a good choice if there is specific functionality that you need. Most exchange functionality (though not all) can be found via a free account.

If you let me know why you want an exchange account - I might be able to point you in the right direction.

-IDSAMDG
Hi there!

Ok, this is my problem: It´s basically a calendar sync problem. I´ve got my email account set up on both my Iphone and my outlook 2011 and it’s working fine. The problem is how to have the calendar in outlook and Iphone to sync. I have to be able to add appointments on both my phone and my mac. I also get a lot of outlook meeting invitations that I have to be able to add to the calendar from the mail program. I mention this because it´s maybe a solution to have separate mail and calendar program?? Although I would like to use the outlook like I do today.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mail App and Push Notifications | Quicktime won't DL »