New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Keyboard not working

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

haraldjjones

haraldjjones is on a distinguished road

sorry to post such a similar thread to so many before but i have spent the last 2 hours looking through forums for an answer to my problem and have not found one. my enter and shift buttons have stopped working hence the lack of paragraphs and marks. i do not think it is a hardware problem. i have never spilt anything on my keyboard and take excellent care of it. iv tried looking through preferences and resetting keyboard settings to default settings. i did notice however absence of keyboard related files in my library. i dont know if this might have anything to do with it but thought it might be important. id be really grateful if anyone could help me out. thanks. harry
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Some more detail about which Mac, OS & keyboard type you have will help but first things first . . . . do you have a different USB keyboard you can try?

That'll nail down if it's hardware or software to some degree

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« System preferences with AppleScript | Microsoft Office Deleting Your Files? »