New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

New MBP/MS Office alternatives.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BEL18

BEL18 is on a distinguished road

I am making the switch from a PC to a MBP. I have always used MS Office or MS works for word/excel type documents. Forgive me if this has already been covered. I like the idea of a free program such as LibreOffice or others that I've read about. I'd like the capability to transfer my old MS documents to my mac, but I'm not sure if it's worth downloading an entire office "suite". Any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Unfortunately, the free Office suites require downloading the entire program along with the included applications. OpenOffice, LibreOffice, and NeoOffice all are that way.

However, if you only need something like Word or Powerpoint, take a look at the iWork applications that are sold in the Mac App store. Pages, Keynote, and Numbers are sold separately for $19.99 each and have been updated for Lion.
QUOTE Thanks
AmityWeb

AmityWeb is on a distinguished road

I've tried open office and iWork in the past many times but keep coming back to ms office. I think ms office is the one good thing to come out of Microsoft, the others just don't compare in my opinion. I think ms know that due to the price tag, so I always go for the home and student edition, not too bad then.

27" iMac, 64Gb iPad, 32Gb iPhone 4
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Filemaker Pro | How do I tag movies with iFlicks but NOT convert them? »