New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Application menu on Dock

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rahulraut4u

rahulraut4u is on a distinguished road

I have application icon put on Dock. When I click on the application icon (on Dock) it should show the menu similar to 'Downloads' menu which pops up when user clicks on its Icon on doc.

Are there cocoa API's which I can use to bring this type of menu?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Right click on the Application Icon which is on the Dock. Choose from the menu how you wish for the items to be displayed. For example: Display as "Folder" or "Stack", and Display Content As "Grid", "Fan", etc. Test them all to see which you like best.
QUOTE Thanks
rahulraut4u

rahulraut4u is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Right click on the Application Icon which is on the Dock. Choose from the menu how you wish for the items to be displayed. For example: Display as "Folder" or "Stack", and Display Content As "Grid", "Fan", etc. Test them all to see which you like best.
Thanks for the reply.

I am developing custom application in cocoa. I am fairly new to using cocoa. I want that when I click on application ICON it should should show links to other applications in "fan" menu view.

Are there any API's or is there any configuration to achieve the same
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

I don't know if it's possible to show links, but you can certainly have aliases display in the "fan" menu or any of the others.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Import PST in Mac Outlook 2011 Problem | importing mailboxes in mail -- how to overwrite existing mailboxes »