New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Going through 'issues' with mac app store.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

johnlang1993

johnlang1993 is on a distinguished road

im trying to download a large app (GTA san andreas) and i keep having many problems. for example more then once ive gotten to around 4.0gb out of the 4.16gb and all that comes up is an "an error occurred" and the download restarts from the beginning. and the download speed varies a lot, i dont know how to see the actual speed but it takes anywhere from 5 hours at start to about 20 hours at the start. so my question is, is there a way to stop the error from happening, and is there a way to speed up the download speed? im running os x lion on a new mac book pro and ive download big files before with no problems.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

I've modified your thread title. Please note the following from the Community Guidelines regarding language:
Quote:
Post appropriately. Don’t use profanity, including masked words, or post anything that’s lewd or inappropriate for a large community of varying ages and backgrounds. If you wouldn’t see it in a Disney movie, don’t post it here.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Only thing I can advise is to stop the download and try again later.

Apple, for whatever reason, does not keep their file upload speeds consistent from the iTunes store - I have the issue with movies and TV show season series with them from time to time.

Anymore, whenever I see an unreasonably long download time for any of their 2GB and larger files, I just stop the download and try again every 15 minutes or so until I can get a more reasonable estimated time.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I purchased all 3 of the GTA games from the store and they all came down at decent speeds. I would try what Bob suggested. Maybe their servers are being hammered at the time you are downloading.

If you keep having this issue, let us know. I will try San Andreas here on my other Mac and see if the download completes.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mail Smart Folders | Firefox taking over CPU and very slow. »