Flash Issue With Firefox
    I have Firefox 6.0.2 and Lion along with a few add-ons. I've been having issues with youtube/flash videos.

Here is what my youtube looks like after a while. When I restart Firefox, everything works fine, for a few hours and then this happens.

Here are my add-ons. I have a suspicion that Adblock Plus is causing it, but I have it disabled on Youtube, but still running, and it happens.

Any ideas? I've tried reinstalling the add-on, Flash and Firefox with no success.

Figured out what it was. Switching from discrete to integrated graphics card while Firefox was opened caused the artifacting.

Here's an explanation from Cody, the make of gfxCardStatus:

"It's really not a good idea to switch GPUs while applications are open if you know that they have the potential to use the discrete GPU. Firefox, Twitter for Mac, Chrome, Spotify, Photoshop, etc. are all examples of this. It's a different story if you're just running Terminal, TextEdit, Finder, etc., as those don't ever use the discrete GPU.

What is happening is that Flash is actually still rendering on one GPU, while another is being used to draw the rest of the screen. Then you get weird artifacts on the screen where it can't figure out what to draw. There's really no way around it other than to avoid switching."

Thread Information