iTunes Movie Rentals Claim Not Authorized
    I had this problem in Snow Leopard and hoped that it would disappear when I upgraded to Lion, but no such luck. Every time I attempt to watch an iTunes movie rental I am told that my computer is not authorized to play the movie. I attempt to reauthorize and it tells me that your computer is already authorized and that I have 4 out of 5 computer authorized on this account. I try again to play the movie, and just a grey window. The only way I can ever get movie rentals to play is to temporarily stop the movie download, restart the computer, and open iTunes, and then the movie finally plays. I have to do the same thing every time I rent a movie. It would be really nice to not have to restart every time I want to watch a movie. Any suggestions?
    iMac 2.8 GHz Quad Core i5, 4 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB, OS X Lion, iTunes 10.4 (80) 64 bit

Texas, where else?
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '11 1.8 i7 4GB 10.10; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.10; 5s & 5c
    Don't have a for sure fix.

Think I'd try going into your account in iTunes - deauthorize all of your computers - you can only do this once a year - and then reauthorize them individually again.

You'll open iTunes - head for the store - click on your AppleID at the top right side and log in - chead for your Account - in the top section Apple ID Summary, you'll find a button to Deauthorize All.

It seems a strange occurrence that rebooting would allow it to play. Have you got any iTunes plugins you've installed?
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Information