New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iWork

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macobsession

macobsession is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I have a mid-2007 white macbook, and it is running the latest version of lion.
I have iWork '09, and i have a a problem with it. It doesn't have any of the features that lion promised to deliver, it is just the same old iWork that i had with snow leopard. Now i have tried a software update many times and it doesn't come up with anything. Even when i first installed lion, and it came up with a message saying update iWork, i clicked update, but nothing downloaded or installed. I would really like to have the full features, without having to pay 50 for a new set of iWork!!
Thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I have 09 iWork and Lion 10.7.1. I am pretty sure at the very beginning some updates did come down. What features are you talking about? I can check here and see.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

First of all there is no new version of iWork available. iWork09 is probably the last version to be published. Apple has placed the individual applications (Pages, Numbers, Keynote) available for download from the App store. All three apps have been updated with new features for Lion. However, as far as I know, they will cost you $19.99 each even if you already have a copy of iWork09.
QUOTE Thanks
macobsession

Some updates i was talking about were versions, autosave etc.
I really don't want to pay 19.99 for each application if i already own iWork.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I just checked Numbers for an example. It does have Versions and Autosave and auto restore. Just checked and so does Pages.

Numbers is Version 2.1 (436). Bought mine from Best Buy or the Apple Store when 09 came out.

What I did was reinstall in Lion and all that worked. I still think I saw some updates come down the first day I had 09 going in Lion.
QUOTE Thanks
macobsession

The only problem is that i no longer have the disks for '09. So that might be a little bit harder!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Quote:
Originally Posted by macobsession View Post
The only problem is that i no longer have the disks for '09. So that might be a little bit harder!
Open Numbers and Pages. Click on About Pages from the pages drop down. What is your exact version number?

My Pages is 4.1 (923) and I posted Numbers in my other post.
QUOTE Thanks
macobsession

Pages is 4.0.5, Numbers is 2.0.5, Keynote is 5.0.5
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

There is a number in Brackets after those numbers. What is that number for the three apps please. Trying to see if mine is newer.

Like this:

Pages is 4.1 (923)
QUOTE Thanks
macobsession

Pages 4.0.5 (852) Numbers 2.0.5 (368), Keynote 5.05 (942)
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Mine are newer versions but I checked the App store and I for sure did not purchase the ones there. An Update did come down and all those features of Lion now work. Will check into it and get back to you.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Ok, are your iWork apps in a folder in Applications named iWork '09? If not they will not update.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Bottom post on this thread!

Here is a direct download URL for iWork 9.1

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/25548/apple-iwork
QUOTE Thanks
macobsession

Hi, they were not in a folder and have just put them in one. I have just checked for a software update and the latest version of iWork is installing. So Thank You Very Much!!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

So glad I could help you. Once those updates install all the new Lion features should be there. Take care.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Video-memo software | need to access microsoft publisher files »