New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Now's The Time To Tell Apple To Keep iDisk!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Command Alt Ego

Command Alt Ego is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mid-2010 15" MBP; late 2012 11" MBA; iPhone 5

I'm an iDisk fan and like many fellow iDisk users, I was really upset to learn that Apple was planning to shelve it when iCloud debuts.

In light of the just-released story that Apple *might* be open to returning iDisk as an iCloud feature if there is enough consumer support, I wanted to give a shout-out to all iDisk users: tell Apple you want iDisk to stay!

I just sent feedback to Apple via their site. Hope more do the same!
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

I thought iCloud and iDisk were mutual with both being off site storage or am I missing something and the fact its replacing Mobile Me.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I don't think iCloud is set up like iDisk with up to 20GB of storage for "whatever" you want and the ability to let "whomever" you want have access to that data.

May have to move some of that to Dropbox or similar.

We'll see when it finally hits. What I'm wondering is if we'll be able to turn on iCloud features without giving up some of the features we already have for those of us that have been subscribers.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« itunes : how to get ... | iMail problem on my MacPro »