New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Utility to reverse caps lock key?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

1295D

1295D is on a distinguished road

I made the Windows>Mac migration over a year ago but one thing I still have not gotten used to is the way Caps Lock operates. In Windows with Caps Lock on, holding down the shift key while typing temporarily allows you to type lower case. This is a convenient feature and I wonder why I can't find it on my iMac. Have I just missed this somewhere in System Properties?

If there is no way to do this using the OS X is there a third party utility that will map the keyboard this way?

I have searched the forum for both Caps Lock and keyboard and come up short.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Don't really notice it on my Mac since I only use them for personal computing. That would flat out drive me bonkers on my work machines as the caps lock is on well over 80% of the time there. I rely on that functionality too many times a day to count.

Hope someone's got something for you.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Lyle

Lyle is on a distinguished road

There is such a utility for Mac OS 9, which of course doesn't help you directly, but at least we know that such a need was once recognized and met. I'll see if I can find the little extension and identify its source. You never know, perhaps it's been ported to Mac OS X.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes update 10.6.3 | Task manager application with adding syllabi function »