New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Can't delete partially downloaded files from Firefox

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Gem537

Gem537 is on a distinguished road

Hi, I need a bit of help, and I haven't been able to find anyone else having the same issue.

I was downloading a whole heap of .jpg files in firefox, and two of them didn't get completed. One says the file extension is .jpg, the other .part. Neither of them will open, I can't view Get Info, I can't rename them, and when I try to move them to the trash, I get told that they can't be deleted. I didn't realise that they hadn't been completed, and have deleted them from firefox's download manager, so I can't restart the download. Now they're just sitting on my desktop, and I can't do anything with them.

I'm using Mac OS 10.7 as well, which I'm discovering is buggy! So any advice on this issue would be much appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
Gem537

Gem537 is on a distinguished road

Ok, sorry, I managed to fix the problem. I had stuff downloading, and once it was finished, I did a restart and the files vanished. Its amazing how often that works
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Why paste doesn't work in iTunes 10.4? | GTA Vice City »