New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Deus Ex Human Revlution on 2007 MBP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mollusk

mollusk is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2007 Macbook Pro 3,1

Hi, I have a Late 2007 Macbook Pro and I was wondering if any of you have any insight into how Deus Ex Human Revolution might perform. I really liked the first Deus Ex (never played the second) and I really want to play this one.

My Specs are:

2.2ghz Core2duo
4gb Ram
Geforce 8600 128mb
320gb 7500 HD

The game's requirements are:

Minimum:

Processor: 2 GHz dual core
Memory: 1 GB RAM (Windows XP) / 2 GB (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8000 series or ATI Radeon HD 2000 series or better
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive: 8.5 GB

Recommended:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 or Intel Core 2 Quad or better
Memory: 2 GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 5850
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive: 8.5 GB

Seems like I meet the minimums, but I haven't tried an FPS on my MBP. I would be running it in XP on Bootcamp. The most recent game I have run is Starcraft 2. I had to turn down settings quite a bit, but I found it pretty playable in Bootcamp (went better than in OSX).

I could get just get it for Xbox, but I rather play it on computer if I can.
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

Itll run, but only on low details and at a low resolution. you are pretty much scraping by.

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
mollusk

Yeah thats kinda what I thought. I was surprised that I could run Starcraft 2 on higher mediumish settings. It looked pretty good without much slowdown. I don't really know how this compares, but I was slightly hopeful since the Gamespot review I read said the graphics weren't cutting edge.
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

RTS games generally take alot less in terms of GPU power. SCII is more driven towards the CPU end of things. (static maps arent too demanding to render.)

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
mollusk

That makes sense. Thanks, good to know. Maybe I will just get it for xbox. I just like mouse aiming for FPS's so much better than joysticks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« The sims 3 :-) | Viewing Pane disappearing in Outlook 2011 »