Unhappy Keyboard won't work after Itunes/Safari update

I have just allowed auto-update to download new versions of Itunes (10.4.1) and Safari - and now my Mac Pro will boot up, but my keyboard doesn't work and the mouse, although it can move around the screen, doesn't actually allow me to click on any icons/menus etc.

I am running whatever the most recent version of Snow Leopard is, and have already tried resetting PRAM which did nothing.

Have also thought about rolling back to a backup in Tim Machine, but I cannot manage this from Safe Mode.

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Sounds like a coincidental failure. There is nothing about the iTunes or Safari updates that should impact your keyboard and mouse.

Have you checked all the USB ports on the Pro to see if they were working OK?

Yeah that did not seem to be the problem - however after about 10 further reboots, miraculouslyboth mouse and keyboard commenced working ok - so no idea really, but alls well that ends well I guess - thanks anyway.

Unhappy Same issue here!
    I also have the issue where I just updated Safari / iTunes on my iMac, and now everytime I wake my mac from sleep my keyboard and mouse clicks have no effect at all. The mouse will move the curser around, but when I hover over the dock, it doesn't respond with the enlargement of icons as usual. The keyboard will no longer adjust volume, screen brightness, or anything. I have to use the power button on the back of my mac to shut down and then turn it back on to get everything to work again.

If anyone reading this can help with a solution, please let me know. It's very frustrating. I've had my mac for a few years now and have never had any issues or problems with it at all.

Unhappy Exact same problem as reymoart!
    I am having the exact same issue as reymoart! Is there any solution?

Mouse and keyboard work fine (mine are both connected by USB dongle), but sometimes after the computer falls asleep the keyboard and mouse won't work after it wakes up. The courser moves, but I can't click on anything and the dock won't come up. I think it is exactly the same issue.

I would add, however, that my apple trackpad also can't click on anything, although it to can move the courser.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Smile Fixed
    I had another software update available, and after installing the problem I posted about is fixed! So if you're having this issue, check for another software update.

Thread Information