New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Outlook 2011 Contacts won't allow paste of entire address

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pengel

pengel is on a distinguished road

I've moved from a PC to Mac. I'm pretty successfully using Outlook 2011 w/ Exchange 2010. My problem is that in Outlook for the PC, if you had a complete street address, you could paste it into the address field and it would be properly parsed into the specific fields.

I can't figure out how to do this on Outlook 2011. Is it possible. It's such a pain when you get a complete address to have to copy/paste the address1, then the address2, then the city, state and zip, one at a time.

Any help would be appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
elvisking

elvisking is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately i do not have the answer, but would also desperately like to know. I want to like this mac (I am using it in a business environment after 12 yrs on PCs), I really do, but it is so "just enough different" that it is driving me crazy. It's like writing with my left hand or something...(as a righty).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengel View Post
I've moved from a PC to Mac. I'm pretty successfully using Outlook 2011 w/ Exchange 2010. My problem is that in Outlook for the PC, if you had a complete street address, you could paste it into the address field and it would be properly parsed into the specific fields.

I can't figure out how to do this on Outlook 2011. Is it possible. It's such a pain when you get a complete address to have to copy/paste the address1, then the address2, then the city, state and zip, one at a time.

QUOTE Thanks
MSMacMan

MSMacMan will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: I support Outlook 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengel View Post

Hello,

Outlook 2010/Windows OS has been implemented with an Auto-Field Fill feature. Basically, if what you are pasting matches a certain format the program is asking for, it will automatically fill this in. A few Browsers do this as well.

Outlook 2011 currently does not have this implemented, as I believe the OS is required to have the function, not the program itself. Thanks for the suggestion, it may happen one day.

-Shane Toutges
Microsoft Business Enterprise
Office 2011 Core Team
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacKeeper...How is it? | Synchronizing between 2 Mac »