New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

GTA San Andreas

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Michael S

Michael S is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 MacBook Pro 13" Precision Aluminium Unibody 2.3GHz i5 320gb;5400rpm

With the recent release of the GTA Trilogy on the Mac App Store (GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas available separately for 10.49) I thought I might go on the safe side and get San Andreas off the App Store instead of Pirate Bay. But I think San Andreas is nothing without it's cheats. So does anyone know if San Andreas have any cheats or does it work with windows cheat's ?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

All of the cheat codes appear to be for the PS2. Perhaps you can check out this LINK which may lead to other sources.
QUOTE Thanks
dekan

dekan is a jewel in the roughdekan is a jewel in the rough

Getting San Andreas off Pirate Bay to "be on the safe side" doesn't sound legal to me.

QUOTE Thanks
Michael S

Mac Specs: 2011 MacBook Pro 13" Precision Aluminium Unibody 2.3GHz i5 320gb;5400rpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan View Post
Getting San Andreas off Pirate Bay to "be on the safe side" doesn't sound legal to me.
I said getting it off the Mac App Store to be on the safe side.
QUOTE Thanks
Michael S

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
All of the cheat codes appear to be for the PS2. Perhaps you can check out this LINK which may lead to other sources.
I meant to say would the cheats for San Andreas PC work for the version of the Mac App Store.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I am eventually going to grab that from the App Store as I LOVE GTA. I am sure the PC Cheats will work but maybe different key combos on OSX though. Will see what I can find out. The OSX versions just came out so it might take a while.

I have never been a large fan of the Cheats and like to win the game on my own, but did use the one where the fast Motorcycle came out of the sky! I love riding around on it full speed!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

The cheat codes should work for the Mac version same as the PC version. I have both the original PC and now Mac version of Doom and the cheat codes are the same. Of course GTA could be different but I don't think so. Let us know if they work.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I just purchased San Andreas from the App Store as my PC version is VERY pick what hardware it runs on and my newest gaming rig crashes trying to even start it. I know there is a work around but I figured this way I could try GTA on my iMac and help the OP at the same time!

After dinner I will try it and get back!!

I own every GTA game that I know of including the Liberty City Episodes. Love that game!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Ok, just played a few rounds of GTA-SA. Very much the same as the PC game. Same codes work. Tried a few from this site and all worked.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Cheats,Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Walkthrough - GameSpot.com

Have fun.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

Oh, Oh, now you got me hooked. How am I supposed to get any work done if I'm playing Doom and GTA? Now where is that Boss key?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Am downloading Vice City as I type this. Love that one a lot.

Sorry for getting you hooked Chscag!
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Are the graphics on the GTA games any better than their PC counterparts, or just the same? I bought the 3 pack (GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas) for the PC for $9.99 a while back. I've played them when I boot my iMac into Windows but the graphics are pretty poor. I suspect it's just the games themselves though.

QUOTE Thanks
Michael S

Thanks guys now I'm just deciding which two 2 buy (San Andreas & 3 or San Andreas & Vice City) lol once I get my 25 iTunes card. I want to leave over the 4 to buy some handy apps (anyone know any fun apps under 4). dtravis 7 - Is it a total CPU hog (as some people have reviewed) or do you think it will run well on the latest MacBook Pro 13" Unibody with 4GB of Ram and a 2.3ghz processor ? Thanks again everyone !
QUOTE Thanks
Michael S

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
I am eventually going to grab that from the App Store as I LOVE GTA. I am sure the PC Cheats will work but maybe different key combos on OSX though. Will see what I can find out. The OSX versions just came out so it might take a while.

I have never been a large fan of the Cheats and like to win the game on my own, but did use the one where the fast Motorcycle came out of the sky! I love riding around on it full speed!
Lol I use the cheat where when you bump into a car it flys away .....
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Your machine has about the same specs than my 2007 iMac. Memory is 128 Megs at the beginning of the game, CPU was at 50% on each core. Vice City is as smooth as can be. As smooth as any PC I have played it on. San Andreas was a bit more intensive maybe as it tended to be a bit choppy here and there. Might be a bug with it and lion but was still very playable. I was the most impressed with Vice City though. Just like the PC one I own. I will probably get 3 also as soon as I am sure I am getting the $$$ I am owed!

Had a blast playing them over again on my Mac! Look great on the iMacs display.

If it were me, I would get GTA 3 and Vice City if I had to pick.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Swipe down to switch libraries in iPhoto | Steam on appel »