New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Can't Check mail Manually

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kerks28

kerks28 is on a distinguished road

I searched all over for the answer but can't find it, so i am hoping i hasn't been posted before.

Basically I want to only have Mail check my email when I ask it to. For years I had it set up to check every minute and I was happy with that. But in the interest of efficiency, I want to only check my mail when I personally click on the "Get Mail" Button on the top left of the app.

I have gone into the preferences and have set the "Check for new messages" to "Manually" but it isn't working. I am not running Lion yet, but this was also the same issue in Tiger and Leopard years ago. Now I am trying to fix it for good in Snow Leopard in both my '07 macbook and brand new mac mini.

Is anyone else running into this problem and having the messages still come through every minute even though you have set the preferences correctly (to manually) and restarted your computer, etc.

Just so you know, I also tried "hourly" and the messages still come through every minute or really every time someone sends one. Thanks for the help.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Try navigating to: MacIntosh HD/Users/your user name/Library/Preferences/

Look for the "com.apple.mail.plist" file and move it to your desktop or delete it but don't empty the Trash. Let's see if that works.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Where's the Corel key stored in Snow Leopard? | Mail rearranges columns-how to make them stay? »