New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Final Cut Pro X and stuff

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

triathlonstu

triathlonstu is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac, 3Ghz, 4GB RAM, Nano, iPhone4, Shuffle

Hi guys,

So I bought Final Cut Pro as the title suggests. I'm a fan, been getting to grips with it over the last few weeks.

But I recently sold my MacBook. I therefore downloaded it onto the home iMac and have been using it on there. I had a bit of a windfall and plan on getting one of the new MacBookAirs when they are released or a MacBookPro if they come this month/ beginning of next.

My question is, is there a way for me to get FCPX onto the new laptop when I get it without spending £200+ again?

Cheers

Stuart
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

If I am not mistaken the license for programs purchased from the APP store allows installation on more than one machine as long as the machines are tied to the same account. The App store license agreement can be found at iTUNES STORE - TERMS AND CONDITIONS and states in part:

"Except as otherwise set forth herein,

(i) You may download and use an application from the Mac App Store (“Mac App Store Product”) for personal, non-commercial use on any Apple-branded products running Mac OS X (“Mac Computer”) that you own or control."

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
codda

codda is a jewel in the roughcodda is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G

I believe it's up to 5 machines on the same Apple Acct.

Also...what is the spec. On your iMac...? How does FCP X run on it...?
QUOTE Thanks
triathlonstu

triathlonstu is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac, 3Ghz, 4GB RAM, Nano, iPhone4, Shuffle

Ive got a 3GHz intel core 2 duo and 4GB of ram.

It runs pretty well, Motion on the other hand has a nasty habit of dyeing on me if I have them both running at the same time but apart from that Im really pleased with it. For me, coming from iMovie, it's been a good progression because I had 0 idea about using the previous versions!

Im going to wait and see what the specs of the new MacBooks are before I decide anything but thanks very much for the help. Glad I didnt shoot myself in the foot!

Cheers

Stuart
QUOTE Thanks
codda

codda is a jewel in the roughcodda is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G

Thanks for the info. I've got the same specs...looking at FCP X soon.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help please! Entourage 2008 database linked with Entourage 2004 | Automator and clicking a button on a website »