New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Issue with Mac app store

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

I an running snow leopard 10.6.8 and when i go to the updates tab it shows that iphoto and modern combat have an update but when i click update it tells me "To update this application, sign in to the account you used to purchase it." even though i used my itunes account to download both of these. Is there a way that i can update these apps?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4, 3 iPods, OS X 10.9.2

It sounds like you may be trying to update apps that you downloaded from another machine? Did you originally download iPhoto and Modern Combat from the same machine you're trying to update from?
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

I had the same problem with Angry Birds that I purchased through the Mac App Store. I only have one Apple ID and it's the same one I use for everything, so I know that wasn't the issue. It's a hiccup that some apps have sometimes and I don't know why.
I had to delete the app by dragging it from my Applications folder to the Trash. Then go back into the MAS and find the app and it will let you reinstall it. Works fine now.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4, 3 iPods, OS X 10.9.2

Yeah that works, but it seems as though the App store would recognize the fact that the account is the same even though you may be on a different Mac that you own.

Just about every app I downloaded - whether free or pay - refuses to update on my MacBook, but will update on the iMac. Removing the app first to get the updated version on a re-download is a pain. Let's hope the new App Store app will work a bit better in Lion.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Yeah that works, but it seems as though the App store would recognize the fact that the account is the same even though you may be on a different Mac that you own.

Just about every app I downloaded - whether free or pay - refuses to update on my MacBook, but will update on the iMac. Removing the app first to get the updated version on a re-download is a pain. Let's hope the new App Store app will work a bit better in Lion.
I agree. It's obviously something Apple needs to fix on their end.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Outlook 2011: Changing pop to imap visa versa | Problems with Quick Time X »