New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Outlook 2011 appointments not visible

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rollin

rollin is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,

I very recently converted to a MacBook Pro from a pc -- very happy with the transition so far.

One problem I'm having is with the calendar in Outlook 2011. If I add a new appointment, it's not visible at all in the Day/Work/Week/Month calendar view. I have to click on the "Tools" tab and then go to "My Day" to view appointments.

It doesn't seem like it should be this confusing, but I'm completely stumped here. Thanks for the help!
QUOTE Thanks
benket

benket is on a distinguished road

I have exactly the same problem as described by Rollin.

"If I add a new appointment, it's not visible at all in the Day/Work/Week/Month calendar view. I have to click on the "Tools" tab and then go to "My Day" to view appointments. "

I too am completely stumped. Is there a setting somewhere I need to change? or some other fix?. PLEASE even if the answer is obvious let me know !!
QUOTE Thanks
MSMacMan

MSMacMan will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: I support Outlook 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by benket View Post
I have exactly the same problem as described by Rollin.

"If I add a new appointment, it's not visible at all in the Day/Work/Week/Month calendar view. I have to click on the "Tools" tab and then go to "My Day" to view appointments. "

I too am completely stumped. Is there a setting somewhere I need to change? or some other fix?. PLEASE even if the answer is obvious let me know !!
Left hand side, is your calendar 'Checked' and visible?

Shane Toutges
Microsoft Business Enterprise Support
Office for Mac 2011
QUOTE Thanks
benket

Hi MSMacMan,

Thanks for your reply but unfortunately i still can't figure it out. I feel like a real dumbo. And I have used Outlook calendar on a PC for 15 years!

For example I have just accepted a meeting, from my inbox, for Thursday 26 Jan 10.30 - 11.30 AM. It appears in the Tools/My Day view but does not appear in the default Home view. Screenshot attached. I cannot find the "Checked and Visible" setting you refer to. I am sure there is a basic setting I have wrong but I can't figure it out.

Any help you can spare much appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Calendar_screenshot.jpg (111.0 KB, 15 views)
QUOTE Thanks
scrumrine

scrumrine is on a distinguished road

Help! I Have the same issue, and I don't have any "checked and visible" options either. Benket, did you ever solve this problem? If so, how did you do it?
QUOTE Thanks
benket

Hi Scrumrine.

I did not solve this problem. It is really annoying. If you find the solution please can you post it on this thread.
QUOTE Thanks
chyangwel

chyangwel is on a distinguished road

Hi

I did find a solution to this here

Outlook for Mac 2011 crashes or hangs at startup

Step 4

Hope it helps
Ross
QUOTE Thanks
Lotus13

Lotus13 is on a distinguished road

I found your posts looking for the answer as I had the same problem.

I have a few calendars showing on the left. They've come from various imports, creating new to test and from sync activity I think. When I originally imported my pst from outlook, I had only one calendar and had no issues with it.

A little while ago today, I was trying to add an appointment and it wouldn't retain the time frame I had selected by click/drag. Started playing with it and realized that somehow the first calendar had gotten unchecked or maybe wasn't even showing before I started doing this. Not really conscious of what check boxes were there.

If you highlight any of the calendars, the content for that particular calendar shows up only but if that first calendar is highlighted you see everything.

I thought maybe whatever one I had highlighted was corrupted somehow so I decided to create a new calendar. Then I can see all the check boxes, shown in the attachment and everything I was expecting to see is there.

I don't see any calendars or check boxes in your smart folders area but maybe if you create a new calendar, it will show up like mine did. Maybe a little bug...

Hope that helps.
Attached Images
File Type: png CheckedVisible.png (96.7 KB, 5 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Lotus13

Lotus13 is on a distinguished road

Another thing that might be impacting it, maybe related to your email service / syncing. I recently changed to IMAP from POP and these folders are tied to that as well.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« File name won't display in Ps CS6 Window | imessage wont work properly »