New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Macbook Pro 13" and Dawn of War 2

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ebby

ebby is on a distinguished road

Hi there, I am going to get Windows 7 and use it via bootcamp on my 13" Macbook Pro 2011. I wanted to know from those who know for SURE or have the games (see below), that they will work.

The games I would like to be able to play are:

Dawn of War 2
Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising
Dawn of War 2: Retribution

Also,
COD Modern Warfare 2.

As I said before, If you know about these games on my 13" Pro 2011, please post how well they run/ if they run at all, as I don't wanna spend $300 AU on it for nothing.

All help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Merged threads...not necessary to double post.

Thanks,

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
ebby

Ok thanks. Now anyone?
QUOTE Thanks
ebby

<bbbump>
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

As a gamer, you should really become aware of how to look up/find/hunt out the system requirements for your games. This is pretty much mandatory, not optional for gamers.

Whatever game you're wondering about, in this case Dawn of War 2, do a search for 'Dawn of War 2 system requirements'.

You should find the minimum and the recommended. Then compare those to your system. Don't know anything about CPUs and GPUs? You really need to learn that also if you're going to be a gamer. Or do a search for the CPUs/GPUs in question to find comparisons or age of each.

Plan on installing a game to an operating system newer than what is specified in the system requirements. You'd be at an advantage to also do a search for that game title and the OS, such as 'Dawn of War 2 Windows 7'.

Unless you are asking this type question in a forum that deals specifically with the game title you are asking about (in this case a Dawn of War 2 forum), you are going to find the answer to specific questions like this much, much faster than you will hoping that someone in a forum such as this one is already doing exactly what you want to do.

Knowing when specific titles were released will also assist in your knowledge of what CPU/GPU they were designed to be run on.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Freeing up Hard Drive Space | Mail SMTP Server Problem! »