New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Dreamweaver

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

osman265aziz

osman265aziz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MB Pro 13" Mod. 2011, 4gb RAM

Hello,

Just wandering if anyone can help me with dreamweaver. I basically installed Dreamweaver on my MB Pro 13" - 320gb, 4gb RAM. I put the Keys in, and now everytime I start the application, the window does not appear and the application does not load. I deleted the software, re-installed it and on the top right hand corner of the screen, it says Dreamweaver with the Apple sign and that's it!!!

Am i doing something wrong???
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Doesn't belong in the lounge. >_>"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
osman265aziz

ooops! Sorry, I was browsing through the applications section and remembered the problem that i had... happy gaming!
QUOTE Thanks
txtchr

txtchr has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2 GHz i7, 4 GB RAM

Are you able to see the rest of the DW menu at the top of the screen? If so, the normal panels that are visible by default through the Window menu are the Properties, CSS Styles, Files, and Application Bar. If you have the full DW menu available, pull down Window and check off those panels. Your Styles and Assets panel will appear at the right of the screen and your Properties panel will appear at the bottom, but it will be grayed out (inactive) because you don't have a site open.

You're probably seeing your desktop background on your workspace, which is a different view than in CS4, particularly on a Windows machine (that is if you're working with DW CS5 or 5.5).

If you're able to see these panel elements, then you're copy of Dreamweaver is working fine. Now you just need to open an existing site or you need to create a new site. In both cases, you'll need to define the site first so DW knows where to locate and store the files.

"The only thing that is constant is change." -- Heraclitus
QUOTE Thanks
EvenStranger

EvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really nice
Mac Specs: Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd

Great - I'm going to be singing that song all day now!
QUOTE Thanks
osman265aziz

Nope i cant see anything else other than the "Dreamweaver" written on the left hand corner of the screen. with the case of Photoshop on CS5 it opens up perfectly fine. Anyhoo, I was going through some other forums on the site, and I believe there is some sort of problem going around with dreamweaver and the 10.6.7 version. Apparantly we have to wait till adobe gets it sorted out thanks for the info though
QUOTE Thanks
txtchr

txtchr has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2 GHz i7, 4 GB RAM

You need to update Dreamweaver. This is a known problem with DW launching in OS X.

Read about it here on the Adobe Forums: DW CS5 doesn't open on Mac OS X

Here's the link to manually download the updater for Dreamweaver: Adobe Support Center - Updaters. Click on the link for your version of Dreamweaver.

Download the .dmg file and follow the instructions carefully - you must restart your computer after installation. Hopefully this will fix the problem. Good luck.

"The only thing that is constant is change." -- Heraclitus
QUOTE Thanks
osman265aziz

Lovely, Im going to try it out!!

FloaT lyK buttaFly.. stiNg lyk a Beee... aaaaaaaH!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Glitch... | System Cleaner »