New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Deleting Files in Quick time

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macstarter

macstarter is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 13" MacBook Pro, new 2013 21.5 IMac, iPad (retina)

I mentioned this problem I'm having in another thread but it still is a problem for me.

I've made several audio files from a mic in quick time. So far so good. Now I want to erase them. There in is my problem.

So far I've tried highlighting them and looking for the delete command in the file drop down menu....but it is not available.

I've tried dragging the files to the trash can and releasing the file there. no go.

My only thought abut this now is that I'm trying to do this through the quick time program in it's show file command. Is this my problem? Is there another way to get to the file holding the sound files that will allow me to erase them??

Help please !
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Moved to the correct forum.

You need to exit from QuickTime first and then use the Finder to delete the audio files that you created. If you can't find them, use Spotlight to search. Once QT is shut down the files will be released from use and can be deleted.
QUOTE Thanks
macstarter

All right. I quit quick time and found the files on spotlight. If I click on them they open in quick time. I tried to drag them to the waste basket that way and no go. I closed quick time again and got back to spotlight. Tried dragging the files directly from there to the waste basket and no go.
What I need to know I guess, is where are the actual files for the audio programes I recorded. Spot light says that they are in a file somewhere called "movies".. Any idea where that might be?
Thanks for any help with this. I know it is probably obvious to every other mac user but not to me.
QUOTE Thanks
macstarter

Okay....never mind I figured it out. Asked spotlight where "movie folder" was and got pointed to it.

Thanks anyway.
QUOTE Thanks
goodKarma

goodKarma is on a distinguished road

I finally found the "movie" which I wasn't given a chance to name or place in a specific location. Strange. Now I force quite quicktime, deleted my movies, emptied the trash, got back into QT, viola! there's my movie I just deleted. I did this routine a couple of times.

Can anyone give me a clue that doesn't take half the day to read through?
QUOTE Thanks
MaggieMcK

MaggieMcK is on a distinguished road

It is tricky, and why QT 10.1 is that way I've no idea. I far prefer the older version of 7.7. But you should be able to close QT, find the movie file, and then drag the files you don't want into the trash.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How will Sim City fare on the retina low-end? | Keynote help and questions »