New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Help with Photoshop CS

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

scauntay

here is a tutorial that might be a little easier to follow. http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3297
QUOTE Thanks
inflexion

inflexion will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle

scauntay thanks for that ill give that a go once i finish this one off

Apple, think different
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

iNAP has a spectacular aura about

just an FYI:

I found an awesome Photoshop Tutorial
(Aqua Plastic Text) http://www.absolutecross.com/tutoria.../aqua-plastic/

www.idadgraphics.com
I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
thank you MacForums and all it's members
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

I have a question,How do you delete a perfect circle out of a flattened image?I have been using the lasso but man it's impossible to keep the cursor steady on a curve

www.idadgraphics.com
I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNAP
I have a question,How do you delete a perfect circle out of a flattened image?I have been using the lasso but man it's impossible to keep the cursor steady on a curve
If the circle is one color then select magic want to select that area and then delete it. I'd have to see the picture though to really tell you the best way to go about it. There are different ways depending on the situation.
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

no particular picture just experimenting. Lets say I have a picture of tree tops (all sorts of foliage) and I wanted to cut a circle into it. How would i go about that? The magic wand and lasso are really tricky for those situations. Is there a way just to pick a circle size ,like in filter for twirl or something?

www.idadgraphics.com
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Quote:
no particular picture just experimenting. Lets say I have a picture of tree tops (all sorts of foliage) and I wanted to cut a circle into it. How would i go about that? The magic wand and lasso are really tricky for those situations. Is there a way just to pick a circle size ,like in filter for twirl or something?
Okay I think I understand, I hope so anyways. In your toolbar in the very top left you will see a dashed square box (Rectangualr Marquee Tool). Scroll on it hold it down and you should get an option for more tools. You should see one labeled Elliptical Marquee Tool. Select that. You may already know this but if there is a black triangle in the bottom right of a particular tool then if you hold down your mouse button it will reveal additional tools.

BUT back on track........take the Elliptical tool and click on picture and hold down shift and while doing that drag mouse. This will give you a perfect circle, but you must hold down shift while doing it. Then you can use your cursor to move the circle around to where you want it exactly.

If you want to just have the picture that's inside of the circle then go to SELECT - INVERSE from the menu bar. This will cut everything from the outside of the circle when you hit delete. If you want everything on the outside left alone just don't click that option and just click delete. Hopefully I got your question right and I didn't confuse you. I am very confusing sometimes. :black:
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

perfect Thank you!

www.idadgraphics.com
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

OMG you have no ideahow much i just learnt from you last post I had no idea about those other tools, ...Let the fun begin lol ..Thanks again!

www.idadgraphics.com
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

SORRY ABOUT THE 3 POSTS IN A ROW BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM,
I accidently clicked the slice tool, How do I get rid of it? Step back does not do it. Only way i can find is to close the image. There has to be another way. Even picking another tool, the slicelines remain. ERRRRR!

www.idadgraphics.com
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Quote:
SORRY ABOUT THE 3 POSTS IN A ROW BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM,
I accidently clicked the slice tool, How do I get rid of it? Step back does not do it. Only way i can find is to close the image. There has to be another way. Even picking another tool, the slicelines remain. ERRRRR!
Select View in menu bar and at the very bottom select the Clear Slices button.

Hehe, I am working on my website and have for the past week so been bored and coming here a lot. I will probably go blind one day from looking at the screen so long. I never take the breaks like I am supposed to.
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

Found It... Thanks Again!

www.idadgraphics.com
QUOTE Thanks
iRock

iRock will become famous soon enough

Im new to this! Im use to Flash from college. But I really want to use CS, as I own it. I was wondering how long would it take to practice enough so that I can create pretty good websites that people will pay money for?? Don't get me wrong. Im not about the money. I love learning.
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

depends on your learning abilities, some learn faster than others. My sgugestion is practice as often as possible, but don't expect to draw in cash for some time to come, the web is full of wannabes look at me for instance, I would love to make cash with it but competition is fierce for someone on the outside of the "know" Master your skills then rethink your $ strategy

www.idadgraphics.com
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

One of my lighting effects (in Render) has seemed to disappear I believe it's called blue omni, Would anyone know how to find it?
edit
I did a search with spotlight but I get this, I must have did something accidently to it, it use to open The search came up with this....any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg omni.jpg (20.1 KB, 2 views)

www.idadgraphics.com
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iphoto issues | .Mac question »