New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Multiplayer Games

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rs2sensen

rs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black

What are some good online multiplayer games available for Mac (action)?

ex. Halo
Medal of Honor Spearhead

I wish I could play counterstrike, but I'm making do with alternatives (lately MoH). I just want to know what else is out there that I could try.
QUOTE Thanks
thendis

thendis is on a distinguished road

yes, let's both prey together that Counter-strike comes to the mac

I've been getting into Call of Duty last couple weeks.

What attracted me to CoD was that you have search and destroy modes where one team is planting a bomb and the other is defusing (sound familiar?). Although I find most of the time people ignore the bomb/diffuse aspect of the game, but the option is still there.

It's not as good as CS, but is still a bunch of fun. people tell me Cod:United Offensive has even better game modes where you can drive vehicles, which sounds promosing.
QUOTE Thanks
brynn

im using a pc but wont to buy an iMac... CS is my main problem but there are plenty of multi player games out there... like world of war craft. also anybody know if cs will run on a mac with windows softwear running?
QUOTE Thanks
thendis

thendis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brynn
also anybody know if cs will run on a mac with windows softwear running?
you mean through a Windows Emulator like Virtual PC? Unfortunately no. I mean, if you had a kickass top-of-the-line Powermac with maxed-out RAM you may be able to get a decent frame rate on the original CS, but certainly not CS:Source.

Virtual PC works really well, but as soon as you start doing multimedia tasks like video or games, it quickly becomes cumbersome.

mind you, I have heard of people using 3D Studio Max through Virual PC. Of course I'm sure they had a very fast Mac to pull that off.
QUOTE Thanks
Amen-Moses

Location: The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
Amen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs2sensen
What are some good online multiplayer games available for Mac (action)?

ex. Halo
Medal of Honor Spearhead

I wish I could play counterstrike, but I'm making do with alternatives (lately MoH). I just want to know what else is out there that I could try.
BZFlag, it's a free PC/Mac/Linux tank combat game which is great for LAN parties. Initialy it looks pretty basic but the gameplay is so good (better the more players you have) and so scaleable (it plays well on a low-end Mac or PC regardless of OS or graphics yet looks great on a high end machine) that it becomes addictive. BZEdit will allow you to create your own maps.

The Medal-of-Honour Allied Break-through demo is also pretty good for LAN parties but it doesn't seem to work on AMD-64 PCs.

UT 2003 is another good one but you need at least one copy of the full game. The plus side is that the same copy can be installed on many machines.

Halo is another contender but you have to download some patches to get Macs and Pcs to play together and IIRC you need a copy on each machine.

Amen-Moses
QUOTE Thanks
lilcrazy707

You can get Wolfenstein Enemy Teritorry that is almost like counter strike its the next best thing I think
QUOTE Thanks
nicklwj

nicklwj is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5, 17.in screen. 1.8GHz, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.

Yeah that is one heck of a game.

nicklwj@gmail.com|Ugliness Shall Not Be Tolerated...
QUOTE Thanks
lilcrazy707

im so addicted to that game since my pc is down
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Publishing software on ApplMac`s | Mac gaming »