iTunes -need help pleeeeease!!!
    Thanks in advance! I know SOMEONE out there can help with this!

Here's the situation:

I transferred all of my music (97 gigs) to a new external hd. Then I went to preferences/advanced and changed the itunes media folder location to the new hd. it seemed to be working (transferring) but when i went to play the songs i got a message saying they couldn't be located. However, I was able to manually locate them individually and they would play.

I then tried several fixes suggested online, but none worked.

Finally, since the main thing I was worried about was saving my playlists, I just decided to create a new library after taking screenshots and notes on all of my old playlists.

What I forgot about was the apps which are not in the new library. I'm nervous about connecting my iphone now for fear that it will sync automatically and I will lose all the apps and notes on my phone. (i can't remember if i have it checked to sync these automatically).

Help, please! I still have the original library but I don't know how to get it to work with the new media folder location.

(detail: I am leaving for Cuba tomorrow and would love to be able to have this resolved before I leave! pleeeeeease help!)

reeeeeally? 51 views and not one person has an answer? :-(

Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    The apps are linked to your apple iD, so if that's in itunes and you can download any apps again

also if itunes sees apps on your iPhone that are not in iTunes it will ask you if you want to add them back
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

Thread Information