New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Mac mail won't send mail

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacLover2011

MacLover2011 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: i Mac OS X Lion

I just put my Gmail account into my Apple Mail. It won't send out emails do to an issue with smpt. Also, the emails that I have as contacts won't show up when I type them. Does this mean I have to manually put all my Gmail contacts into my Apple Address or should it automatically do it?

Here is the smpt error I get:

Quote:
Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check your SMTP server settings in Mail preferences and verify any advanced settings with your system administrator.

Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Moved to correct forum.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
huskerlover

huskerlover is on a distinguished road

Mine won't send either.... it stays in outbox
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerlover View Post
Mine won't send either.... it stays in outbox
You can always delete your gmail account then re-add it. I have read else where only recently that this has worked for others.

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Mini_mi

Mini_mi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme

You may have to change the outgoing mail server to your internet provider's mail server with the appropriate user credentials. Many providers block the smtp port so to prevent people from running their own email servers
QUOTE Thanks
BobSwift

BobSwift is on a distinguished road

I'm using Mac's MAIL on my MacBook Pro under OS 10.6.8. I receive messages OK but cannot send.

Error message reads: "Cannot send message using the server smtp.1and1.com"

But when I check diagnostics I get: A) Mail was able to connect to the Internet; B) Connection and login to server successful; C) Connection to server successful;login not required.

What shall I do?
QUOTE Thanks
Magroglex

Magroglex is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP

Wrong outgoing server address? I experienced that a lot while MobileMe was still around.
QUOTE Thanks
mv1128

mv1128 is on a distinguished road

gmail will work with apple mail.. if gmail is set up with 2 step verification then you need to generate a new password in gmail 2 step verification settings and copy it ...
Then create new mail account in Apple mail and put your email but use the generated password and it should connect.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« [itunes] does anyone know what these growl like popups are? | Safari Issue »