New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iTunes question;

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gtirr

gtirr is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro 15" 2.4 GHz. Core i5 4GB 1067 MHz. DDR-3 Ram

I am trying to figure out how to transfer my music (20 albums) from a usb jump drive into my iTunes library. But so far have not had much luck.
Can anyone please help me?
Thanks, Russ
QUOTE Thanks
gtirr

Even though I'm on a Mac Book Pro, this question could be applied to any Mac. What I'm trying to do is transfer a few albums of songs from my PC into my Mac. I have them all on a usb Thumb Drive and I'm trying to figure out how to put them in my iTunes Library.

Also, why is our page so much larger on my Mac than it is on my PC?
Right now I'm on my 14" Dell Notebook and the page is centered right where it should be. On my 15" Mac there is a large column of crap on the left side and only about half the page is readable without scrolling to the right.?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Russ
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Just drag them fro the usb drive into the iTunes application window

Manually adding them to the iTunes folder will not work

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Merged threads. Please don't crosspost.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
hw96Lgb

hw96Lgb will become famous soon enough

Make sure your music is in format readable by iTunes, drag the files from your key to the desktop, right click, open with, select iTunes. The songs will de added automatically and start playing.

To minimize the left column just drag it around by clicking on the border.
QUOTE Thanks
gtirr

OK, thanks guys!! Sorry for the double post but I was getting desperate!!!
QUOTE Thanks
gtirr

After I spent almost 2 hrs. on the phone with a Apple Tech. it was determined that my OS has been messed up and I'm scheduled next week to go into an Apple Store to have it replaced and all of my photos and files transferred from my PC to my Mac.
Whoever said that Mac's were easier to use than PC's must have been drunk!
However the guy I spoke with a big help and really did a great job. He was as frustrated as I was at not being able to fix the problem.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Macs ARE easier to use than PCs.

But not when they are defectively installed (either by you or at the factory). Sorry you had bad luck with that one, but the Apple guy will fix it right up for you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes store - infuriating to navigate - have I missed something? | Photoshop CS5 »