New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Can't find Cyberduck on system

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacLover2011

MacLover2011 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: i Mac OS X Lion

I downloaded cyberduck to my OS X system. But I can't find it. However, when I do a find it opens. In fact, I might have two version since one says cyberduck-1. Where is this application and how do I delete and do a clean install? Do I have to donate to cyberduck in order to use the full version?

Thanks

I found my mistake. I did NOT download the entire version. I found the cyberduck in my download folder. It was not showing up before because I did not have the correct view option clicked. When I found cyberduck in my download folder I deleted them. Then I downloaded the full version, installed the update and dragged the icon to my dock. One question: Why does an application like Cyberduck not show up in my applications, utilities or documents folder, but in my download folder even after I installed it?
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

If you downloaded it, it's likely in ~/Downloads. I'm assuming that this means that you can't find it in your Applications. If that's the case you'll need to install it, in Cyberducks case I believe that you just need to drag the .app file to your Applications folder. In general the -1 suffix means that there's another file of the same base name in the folder.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
MacLover2011

MacLover2011 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: i Mac OS X Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
If you downloaded it, it's likely in ~/Downloads. I'm assuming that this means that you can't find it in your Applications. If that's the case you'll need to install it, in Cyberducks case I believe that you just need to drag the .app file to your Applications folder. In general the -1 suffix means that there's another file of the same base name in the folder.
Thanks. It's on my dock from my download folder. Should I drag Cyberduck to my applications folder too? In other words, will not not technically be an application until I do so?
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Ok, so in your Downloads folder you have Cyberduck.app and a Cyberduck-4.0.2.zip more than likely. If this is the case, you can drag the Cyberduck.app file into your Applications folder (if it's not already there). Then you can delete every cyberduck file from Downloads. Cyberduck does automatic updates.

Dragging it to the Applications folder is how the install is performed. You can run many basic apps within OS X without performing an 'installation'.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Take a look at this article. It explains how to install applications using different methods in case you're still confused.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
markh789

markh789 is on a distinguished road

If your looking for it still and it's in your dock simply right click the icon and go to "Show In Finder", depending on your OS version it might be under "Options" when you right click.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Email is Acting Funny | Starcraft II question »