New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

App to restrict internet to whitelisted apps

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fitzy89

fitzy89 is on a distinguished road

Hi

I'm reasonably new to Mac, well, I've been using it since about November last year (Macbook Pro).

I am wondering if there is some sort of app, maybe a type of firewall that will let me restrict internet access to ALL apps except ones which I specifically allow to use it, and have a way to easily enable and disable these restrictions.

The reason for this is that I use my mobile phone for internet access from time to time when I am out on the road, and as you can imagine, data can become quite expensive so I would like to stop all un-necessary traffic when I am using mobile internet.

So something where I can switch from all apps having access, to only whitelisted apps.

Does anyone know of anything suitable for this purpose?

Cheers
Rob
QUOTE Thanks
Moss

Moss is a jewel in the roughMoss is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM

Try LittleSnitch. I use it for any network related permissions I grant my apps. Hope this is what you were looking for. It blocks any outgoing connections you don't want.

Facebook|Twitter
If someone is being helpful, use the reputation system on your left!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Adding account in Mac mail | How to relocate the iTunes Media folder from the Music folder? »