New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Attaching Word docs in Hotmail

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

maccyD

maccyD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro Mac OSX version 10.5.8 Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Menory 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Hi,

when i attach certain docs and docxs in hotmail it says cannot attach cos file is 0 bytes. happens with both doc and docx.

Any help appreciated

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Attaching in a browser or via a mail client?
How big are the Word docs really?
Do you have another email provider? Do the docs behave the same on that account?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
maccyD

Mac Specs: Macbook Pro Mac OSX version 10.5.8 Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Menory 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

In safari, i think it happend after they added silverlight if that is what that document vieweer thing is when u view a word doc in hotmail - you must excuse me I am not overly technical.

Have tried it with doc and docx some attach others say file is empty.

They are small files 108 kb or something, just 2 page word docs. Do not know how to set up the other email thingy when my computer asks me if i want to set up account.

I am using hotmail in safari.

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccyD View Post
Do not know how to set up the other email thingy when my computer asks me if i want to set up account.

I am using hotmail in safari.

thanks
When setting up hotmail to work with your Mac's Mail App, it is pretty straight-forward.

When you get to this screen, make sure the Account Type at the top is POP and use this same Incoming Mail Server. Fill in the other fields.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
maccyD

yeah i may need to post another thread about setting that up! I put pop - and then it asks for incoming email server - i've only really used email online apart from outlook at work and that stuff is confusing - is incoming mail server my hotmail account? Also when it asks me for email address (presumably hotmail account in my case - it asks for password - is this my hotmail password or computer password?
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
maccyD

i mean if i set that up presumably i can send email from mail on my mac? But it still doesn't clear up why it used to work when i attached these type of docs in hotmail and now cannot...
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
yeah i may need to post another thread about setting that up! I put pop - and then it asks for incoming email server - i've only really used email online apart from outlook at work and that stuff is confusing - is incoming mail server my hotmail account? Also when it asks me for email address (presumably hotmail account in my case - it asks for password - is this my hotmail password or computer password?
Thanks
If you read my previous post all the way through you'll see I answered that question. = "Use this same incoming mail server"
So use the same as what is in that screenshot.

Quote:
i mean if i set that up presumably i can send email from mail on my mac? But it still doesn't clear up why it used to work when i attached these type of docs in hotmail and now cannot...
Yes, you can send mail from that app instead of logging into hotmail.com. I don't know why you had the issue with attaching docs, but it very likely could be a problem with hotmail.com being finicky. I've never had any issue attaching Word docs (.doc files) to emails using Mac's Mail App.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
maccyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
If you read my previous post all the way through you'll see I answered that question. = "Use this same incoming mail server"
So use the same as what is in that screenshot.
i'm not seeing the screenshot it says picture removed...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Elite force original wont start | Excel Columns V-Z Do Not Resize in Width »