Specs:
    Apple MacBook "Core 2 Duo" 2.26 13" (Uni/Late 09) 8GB RAM 120GB SSD Boot up 500 GB 7200RPM HDD
    System Preferences in Time Machine
    Just wondering if it's possible to see your System Prefs. in Time Machine as you would files and folders? I know you can do a migration with Time Machine to an entirely different Mac and still keep the exact same settings folders etc as on the old (which I think is incredible to do, bust by doing a back up) so your preferences must be in there somewhere. Is there a way to see them and restore them to previous?
    Help your fellow forum members out and use the Reputation system EH?
    iPhone 4s 16GB MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.26GHz 13" Uni/Late 09 8GB RAM 120GB SSD in Superdrive Bay 500GB 7200RPM HDD in Main Bay
    The Internets longest running Drummer's Forum!!

Quote Originally Posted by applebanana View Post
    Just wondering if it's possible to see your System Prefs. in Time Machine as you would files and folders? I know you can do a migration with Time Machine to an entirely different Mac and still keep the exact same settings folders etc as on the old (which I think is incredible to do, bust by doing a back up) so your preferences must be in there somewhere. Is there a way to see them and restore them to previous?
    Yes. The preference pane will be either in /Library/PreferencePanes or in yourhomefolder/Library/PreferencePanes.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    Apple MacBook "Core 2 Duo" 2.26 13" (Uni/Late 09) 8GB RAM 120GB SSD Boot up 500 GB 7200RPM HDD
    Oh ok sweet thanks for that help. I suppose there isn't a way to view the history of it and changes of it is there? thanks for the help anyways.
    Help your fellow forum members out and use the Reputation system EH?
    iPhone 4s 16GB MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.26GHz 13" Uni/Late 09 8GB RAM 120GB SSD in Superdrive Bay 500GB 7200RPM HDD in Main Bay
    The Internets longest running Drummer's Forum!!

Quote Originally Posted by applebanana View Post
    Oh ok sweet thanks for that help. I suppose there isn't a way to view the history of it and changes of it is there? thanks for the help anyways.
    Well once you've opened the folder that the file lays in, just go "back in time" using Time Machine. Right-click on the pane of interest and hit CMD-I (or right-click, Get Info). Up top, there's a section for "Version" that may or may not be present. If it isn't present, you may be able to use the "Last Modified" date to guess if it's a different version from what you have now.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information