New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Outlook 2011 Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iamnewtomacs

iamnewtomacs is on a distinguished road

I've been using outlook 2011 (version 14.1.0) for months now but it has suddenly stopped opening.
I can still see the application file on my hard drive but it won't open. I have tried downloading the latest update but on instillation it says; "a version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume". All of my other Office 2011 applications are still working. I no longer have the CD so can't reinstall. please help
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

Where is your install disc?? Sure hope you aren't asking for help with pirated software.

2.4GHz 13" rMBP 256gb | 2.5GHz Mac Mini w/ FusionDrive | Mac Pro 3,1 2x 2.8GHz | Dual 2.0GHz PowerMac G5 | 24" ACD | 64GB Verizon iPhone 6 Plus | iPad Air 2 64GB LTE | iPad mini 16GB | Gen 7 Nano | TV1 | TV3
QUOTE Thanks
iamnewtomacs

it was one of the 3 macs / 3 users office packages and one of the others lost the CD.
surely there is some way i can figure out what my subscription key / licence number is from one of my other office 2011 applications and re-install outlook from somewhere other than the CD.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

I'm going to assume you have a legal licensed copy and that the original copy of Office 2011 was a 3x copy. (Family pack)

Note that the Family pack has only one product key in the box but that key can be used and activated 3 times. Download the following free utility from this LINK.

Note that even if you do find the product key it may not activate if it has already been used 3 times. You may have to call MS and obtain a new key.
QUOTE Thanks
iamnewtomacs

thanks. i found my product ID from my MS Word and MS Excel. Is there now some way for me to re-install outlook as a legitimate copy using the product key, without the CD?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Yes there is. Download the trial copy of Office 2011 from Microsoft (the one that contains Outlook), install it, and then activate it with your product key. Or as an alternative, borrow a copy of Office 2011 from a friend and use that CD to install, and then activate it with your product key. Remember, the version has to be the same.

A third method is to call MS and tell them you lost the disk and ask to send you another. They will send you a disk without the product key. Will probably cost around $10 or so.
QUOTE Thanks
iamnewtomacs

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
iamnewtomacs

Mac support helped me out. It was an issue with a corrupted Office 2011 Identity. I moved the Identities folder to the desktop and office will now start up. I just have to re setup my email accounts.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Microsoft Word Problem - Layouts | iPhoto event labels question »