New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Final Cut Studio 5

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mgh1111

mgh1111 is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

I need to know how to verify whether I have an academic license or not. How would I confirm this without an install having only the box, discs and serial number paperwork. Where specifically in the serial number or box etc would we look.

Thanks.

peace
mgh
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

Did you not get it from a store? The only way I have seen this type of question come up was when the software was not purchased legally. Not that you didn't get it legally.

If you are near an Apple Store, you could go in and ask them.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Air 2 128 GB LTE, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
mgh1111

It being purchased by mail "used" and I need to verify that it's non-academic to qualify for upgrade to the full Studio 7... BEFORE I purchase it.

Completely legal... any help?
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

Generally, no. There is a fine line. Without a good quality photo of the box and disk? Just sound's bad to me.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Air 2 128 GB LTE, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
mgh1111

Appreciate your help... but there must be some way, like a distinction in the serial number? The seller has searched the box and CD's plus "Installing your software" license card and it does not say Academic anywhere. I have been able to confirm that previous versions of FCS that are academic say academic pretty clearly but I haven't been able to confirm how to verify FCS 5 from a visual. It's only been about an hour I've been researching - and I type slowly ;-) - but I would love to get this shipped today.

I'll call local Apple store too but if anyone else knows for sure that would be cool.

Thanks

peace
mgh
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Spam folder | Firefox and MP3 »