Specs:
    iMac Core i5 2.66GHz - RAM 4GB - OS X Snow Leopard
    Exclamation QuickTime Pro on Snow Leopard
    Hello Guys

Can someone please tell me how I can get QuickTime Pro on my iMac running Snow Leopard ?

I have paid for the Pro version and have a key (was sent through email). But where do I go from here ?

I typed "Download QuickTime Pro UK" in google, and got to an apple page with download link. I downloaded that, only to find out I can't install it because Quicktime is already installed ! But I thought Pro would be different !!!!!!

I can't see any registration options in my current QuickTime. I am stuck and would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank You.
    "Animals, whom we have made our slaves, we do not like to consider our equal." .... Charles Darwin (1809 - 1882)

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Moved to correct forum.

I typed "Download QuickTime Pro UK" in google, and got to an apple page with download link. I downloaded that, only to find out I can't install it because Quicktime is already installed ! But I thought Pro would be different !!!!!!
    Try removing QuickTime first before attempting to install Pro. Make sure you get all of it. Use Spotlight to find all the files or use a delete application such as "AppCleaner" or AppDelete".

QuickTime X, which shipped with Snow Leopard, doesn't have a Pro version. You need to install QuickTime 7 (the regular version) and then unlock the Pro features by typing the key you received in the Registration window (QuickTime Player --> Registration); then just close the window and you're done. You'll have to launch QT 7 every time you want to use the Pro features, not QT X though. Both versions (QT 7 & X) can coexist; no need to uninstall QT X first (is that even possible??). By the way, I installed QT 7 from the Snow Leopard disk (custom install option), and it worked just fine for me.

I mean, I was able to unlock the Pro features just fine, after installing QT 7 from the SL disks.

Thread Information