New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Need a great Word 2008 tutorial

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jamesiv1

Jamesiv1 is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone,

My best friend bought his first Mac a few months ago, and is busting nutz on a job proposal he will present a week from now. He needs a really good beginner's tutorial for Word 2008 (came with Office 2007 for Mac).

Can you guys recommend a really good one? Less than $100 bucks, preferably.

Thanks!

James
QUOTE Thanks
MancmacUK

MancmacUK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
Hi Everyone,

My best friend bought his first Mac a few months ago, and is busting nutz on a job proposal he will present a week from now. He needs a really good beginner's tutorial for Word 2008 (came with Office 2007 for Mac).

Can you guys recommend a really good one? Less than $100 bucks, preferably.

Thanks!

James
How about a free one !

Menu Help
Word Help!

And if I remember correctly, original discs, once installed, first run, gave you the option to take a guided tour.

Or File menu
Project gallery ?

 iMac 21.5" 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 OSX 10.8.3
QUOTE Thanks
Jamesiv1

Thanks MancmacUK. I've suggested that, but my buddy needs a little more hand-holding than that. He really likes video tutorials, in particular.

Any other suggestions?

James
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

There are a myriad of video tutorials for MS Office which can be purchased on line. Some are even free - such as those offered by Microsoft. Do some searching.

Here's a LINK to get you started.
QUOTE Thanks
Jamesiv1

Excellent. Thank you for that link. I will pass that along to my buddy.

James
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Task Management Recommendations, pretty please: must be able to have multiple users | Which mail client ?? »