New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Cannot install Pro App Support for Logic 8

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

smmuk

smmuk is on a distinguished road

sorry moved my question to the software forum. Apologies.
QUOTE Thanks
smmuk

smmuk is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

I will try and keep this concise.

My system:

iMac
1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

I have looked on numerous forums including Apple's Logic Pro section, but have yet to find a solution to the error message I get when I am trying to install

Pro Application Support 4.0.

The error message I receive is "You cannot install Pro App Support on this volume. There was an error while evaluating Javascript for the package".

I am trying to install on my mac's HD.

I did not have Safari installed, as I was under the impression from this and other forums that this might be contributing to the problem. However, I installed Safari after a reply on another forum and I still encounter the same error message. So, with or without Safari the problem still exists.

I have Java Version 1.5.0._19

I have done software update about 4 times in the last days to see if any were needed for Java, but none showed up.

The reason I would like to install Pro App is because Logic Pro 8 doesn't seem to work unless I have this installed.

I would seriously appreciate any assistance in resolving this problem, as it's been 2 days now with no joy

Thanks,

SMMUK.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Merged threads.

Java is not the same as Javascript despite having similar names. Regardless, make sure Logic is up to date. This error could have been fixed in a newer update.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Links/URLs in Preview that have no protocol in link text not working | My own Web Cam »