Specs:
    Two iMacs: 10.7.5 2010 Core i3, 8Gigs RAM, and a 10.7.5 2011 Core i7, 16 Gigs RAM with an SSD
    At times It Takes Safari A Longer Time to Open On My MBP
    I have a new MBP, running OS X 10.6.7. I use Safari as my Browser, v5.0.5. When I open Safari, it is configured to open to Yahoo's Homepage.

At times, it takes Safari longer to open to Yahoo's Homepage. I have a pretty fast connection at 20/5. I reset most of Safari every time I close it. It usually happens when I haven't opened the Browser for a while. Any ideas?

EDIT: Could it be because I have the Firewall turned on, and also have enabled Stealth Mode?

Specs:
    Macbook pro retina 13" 8gb, 120ssd, i5 cpu, imac 8gb, 2.7ghz i5,1tb, iphone 5s 16gb. ipad 2 32gb
    when you turn ur mac on from shutdown it will open up slower becuase it hasnt been opened but if you opening it after closing it then re opening it. it will open quicker because its running in the back ground

Specs:
    Two iMacs: 10.7.5 2010 Core i3, 8Gigs RAM, and a 10.7.5 2011 Core i7, 16 Gigs RAM with an SSD
    Thanks...I just installed a Linksys E4200 Router, which is wired to my MBP, and the problem has seemed to go away.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by pokermaniac View Post
    I have a new MBP, running OS X 10.6.7. I use Safari as my Browser, v5.0.5. When I open Safari, it is configured to open to Yahoo's Homepage.

At times, it takes Safari longer to open to Yahoo's Homepage. I have a pretty fast connection at 20/5. I reset most of Safari every time I close it. It usually happens when I haven't opened the Browser for a while. Any ideas?

EDIT: Could it be because I have the Firewall turned on, and also have enabled Stealth Mode?
    When this happens next time...listen closely to your computer where the hard drive is located. Sometimes when an application is launched (or launched shortly after the computer has been started up or rebooted)...you will hear the hard drive "working away". It's probably doing some sort of "house-keeping" or "automatic maintenance". It's best to wait until these HD sounds stop (and the hard drive is done "doing what it's doing")...then your computer should be as speedy as always.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    Thanks Nick....Sorry for the late reply, however I haven't looked at this thread in a while, and didn't opt to have email notifications for replies sent to me in the original post.

Thread Information