New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

At times It Takes Safari A Longer Time to Open On My MBP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pokermaniac

pokermaniac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Two iMacs: 10.7.5 2010 Core i3, 8Gigs RAM, and a 10.7.5 2011 Core i7, 16 Gigs RAM with an SSD

I have a new MBP, running OS X 10.6.7. I use Safari as my Browser, v5.0.5. When I open Safari, it is configured to open to Yahoo's Homepage.

At times, it takes Safari longer to open to Yahoo's Homepage. I have a pretty fast connection at 20/5. I reset most of Safari every time I close it. It usually happens when I haven't opened the Browser for a while. Any ideas?

EDIT: Could it be because I have the Firewall turned on, and also have enabled Stealth Mode?
QUOTE Thanks
chrispayne123

chrispayne123 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook pro mid 2012 2.5ghz i1 4gb ddr3 ram, 500gb hdd

when you turn ur mac on from shutdown it will open up slower becuase it hasnt been opened but if you opening it after closing it then re opening it. it will open quicker because its running in the back ground
QUOTE Thanks
pokermaniac

Mac Specs: Two iMacs: 10.7.5 2010 Core i3, 8Gigs RAM, and a 10.7.5 2011 Core i7, 16 Gigs RAM with an SSD

Thanks...I just installed a Linksys E4200 Router, which is wired to my MBP, and the problem has seemed to go away.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokermaniac View Post
I have a new MBP, running OS X 10.6.7. I use Safari as my Browser, v5.0.5. When I open Safari, it is configured to open to Yahoo's Homepage.

At times, it takes Safari longer to open to Yahoo's Homepage. I have a pretty fast connection at 20/5. I reset most of Safari every time I close it. It usually happens when I haven't opened the Browser for a while. Any ideas?

EDIT: Could it be because I have the Firewall turned on, and also have enabled Stealth Mode?
When this happens next time...listen closely to your computer where the hard drive is located. Sometimes when an application is launched (or launched shortly after the computer has been started up or rebooted)...you will hear the hard drive "working away". It's probably doing some sort of "house-keeping" or "automatic maintenance". It's best to wait until these HD sounds stop (and the hard drive is done "doing what it's doing")...then your computer should be as speedy as always.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
pokermaniac

Thanks Nick....Sorry for the late reply, however I haven't looked at this thread in a while, and didn't opt to have email notifications for replies sent to me in the original post.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« brand new imac... photo booth not working? | Onyx Says My Disk Needs Repaired »