New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

How to stop the clock animation in iCal message pop ups

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lemac

lemac is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone,

I like to set alarms with popups in iCal to remind me of coming events. I sometimes leave them open on screen. However, I find the animated alarm clock in these messages annoying. I located the gif file that seems responsible (iCal.app/Contents/Resources/alarmclock.gif) and replaced it with one that is not animated. But the clock keeps moving. It does even if I delete the file. Is there any way to stop the clock animation?

iCal 4.0.4 OS 10.6.7
QUOTE Thanks
lemac

lemac is on a distinguished road

Someone provided the solution in another forum:

That gif is duplicated in low-level frameworks at

/System/Library/Frameworks/CalendarStore.framework/Versions/A/Resources/iCal Helper.app/Contents/Resources/alarmclock.gif

You may need to modify that one to suppress the animated clock.

Usual warnings apply. Have a good backup or test on a volume that you can erase if everything goes awry. Don't be surprised if OS updates overwrite your modifications.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Changing File Associations | google desktop for macbook pro »