New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Torrent Files

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AbdulaOblongata

AbdulaOblongata is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mackbook Pro 17";3.06 ghz ntel core 2 duo; 8 gb ddr3; nvidia 9600m GT; OSx 10.6.7

Hi, Just recently I've encountered a problem where I am unable to download .torrent files. If I have the .torrent file i can download the actual data that I want using uTorrent but getting the file is the problem. Most of the time I will click on the link to download the torrent and the active downloads window for Firefox will pop and say "starting." Then however it will just sit there and never do anything. The .torrent file should only take a few seconds to download but it will sit there for hours without doing anything before I cancel. The strangest part is that sometime the files will download without any problem. Sometimes if I try the same file multiple times it will fail to download the first few time and then 'magically' it will work. I have cleared cookies and cashe. I tried downloading using safari and it seem to work for now, but I would like to know why this started happening so I can fix it and use firefox.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Are you using a bit torrent client such as Transmission? Heps if you provide computer and operating system details.

Transmission

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
AbdulaOblongata

Mac Specs: Mackbook Pro 17";3.06 ghz ntel core 2 duo; 8 gb ddr3; nvidia 9600m GT; OSx 10.6.7

uTorrent is the bit torrent client. specs in the profile now.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Give Transmission a fly and see if there is an improvement.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
AbdulaOblongata

ok will try and post update.
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" i3 500gb HDD 4gb RAM OSX 10.9.2 - iPhone 5s 16gb

As for downloading the data file at the beginning maybe there is something wrong with the server holding it.

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the bottom of the users profile.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Automator Autoclicker? | Best Free Antivirus for Mac OS X »