New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

importing editable EPS in PowerPoint 2011

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sugrstky

sugrstky is on a distinguished road

I'm new to PowerPoint and I'm trying to import some logos from an EPS file. My co-worker does this all the time on a PC, but my Mac PowerPoint 2011 won't bring in the files as editable. I'm inserting the file as picture, but I can't ungroup it. Any solutions? I've looked all over the web and even their own tutorials do not cover such a topic.

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I'm not sure you can edit an EPS file in Powerpoint on your Mac. Try changing the EPS file to a JPG or something else prior to importing to PP on the Mac.

I routinely edit many various graphic files in PP with Office 2008 or 2011 but have never run across a situation where the file format was EPS.

EPS files can be opened by Adobe Illustrator and edited. But if you don't have Adobe, you may not be able to edit them with another application. Someone who is more familiar with that file format and how to edit them may be of more help.
QUOTE Thanks
sugrstky

sugrstky is on a distinguished road

I've been a designer for over 20 years now and do have and use Illustrator CS5. The problem is that I need to have vector images in PPT so they're editable for my client. I can't use Jpegs or any other rasterized image as those are no longer editable.

My co-worker has been doing this for me on her PC, but I thought I'd dive into PPT for Mac since I have it handy. When she inserts the picture (EPS file), she is then able to ungroup it and she can then make pieces are parts larger, smaller or move things around. I'm just very surprised that you can't seem to do that with the newest version of the software and on a Mac.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Firefox won't update | Age of Empires 3 download question »