Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13" 2.66Ghz mid '10 with Mac OS Leopard
    Angry How to delete a service on Mac OS Leopard, manually?
    Some applications like to install its services on to the system, but the service won't goes anywhere after we uninstall the application. i.e. TextWrangler, Folx, etc. And this is annoying! =[

I recently installed Folx on to my MBP and it works fine… however, I can't disable the "Download All With Folx" option on my context menu.

I've tried disabled the Folx Plug-in on Safari by moving the FolxNetscapePlugIn.plugin from the Internet Plug-Ins folder. I've try uninstall the applicatioin by moving it to Trash. Neither of them helps. I've also tried moving Folx to the Trash with AppTrap running (AppTrap will delete all the association files with the application which you are moving to Trash) and delete the com.eltima.Folx.plist, this also won't make the "Download All With Folx" disappear from my context menu in Safari.

I don't want to just change the context menu by customizing it and delete this menu option, but I want that service roll outta my mac…

Your help is appreciated.

Thank in advance!!

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Check ~/Library/Services (the Library in your home folder) and /Library/Services (the root one at what is by default called "Macintosh HD"). A service for Folx may be installed to one of those.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    Thanks for the help.

However, I can't find the Services folder in either ~/Library/ or /Library/
    I tried "open ~/Library/Services/" and "open /Library/Services/" but Terminal says the folder does not exist. It appears like there're no such folder.

Am I the only one who experience this? I'm running OS X Snow Leopard.

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Simple solution - use the included uninstaller. Reinstall it and then instead of trashing the app, use the uninstaller in the disk image. See here for more info.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
    Simple solution - use the included uninstaller. Reinstall it and then instead of trashing the app, use the uninstaller in the disk image. See here for more info.
    That's it!! A million thanks vansmithÖ

By the way, is it usual that OS X Snow Leopard doesn't have the Services folder in ~/Library/ and /Library/ ? If so, how can we manually delete those services?

I found a folder in ~/System/Library/ named Services but I don't think it the right place because it is where Snow Leopard stores OS services but not 3rd-party applications services. In the same directory there're another folder named CoreServices, it is even more unlikely to be where OS X stores 3rd-party services.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Whatever you do, do not delete anything in ~/System/Library and Services. You are right, that is the OS stores it's services.

Glad you got it sorted and thanks Van for helping the OP!

BRW, my 10.6.7 on my C2d iMac has the Services in both User/library/ and the /library. Only one file in the user one.

Thread Information