New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Transferring Text Messages

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

alysmith

alysmith is on a distinguished road

This is my first post, wasn't sure where to put it. And I've seen this question answered before, but I couldn't find anything current.

Anyway, I'm looking for a way to transfer my test messages from my iPhone (3G) to my MacBook (Pro). I'm trying to get all the texts (as well as the pictures) I've ever sent and received, but I can't seem to find a relatively easy way to do that. Is there something I'm missing? I looked for an app, but couldn't find one. I'm not averse to buying software (or and app if there is one), but I'm not sure what.

Does anyone have any info?
QUOTE Thanks
alysmith

Posted this in the iPhone forum, but thought I might get some help here too:

Anyway, I'm looking for a way to transfer my test messages from my iPhone (3G) to my MacBook (Pro). I'm trying to get all the texts (as well as the pictures) I've ever sent and received, but I can't seem to find a relatively easy way to do that. Is there something I'm missing? I looked for an app, but couldn't find one. I'm not averse to buying software (or and app if there is one), but I'm not sure what.

Does anyone have any info?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

There's no official way to do it, but there are plenty of jailbreak apps that offer this functionality.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
alysmith

Hi Kash,

Thanks for the reply! I'm glad to know that there's no official way to do it (in the sense that I'm not missing something), but still - I can't believe this isn't something that's offered!! Any idea why?

And do you have any names of those apps?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Exchange Text Between an iPhone and a Mac Without Internet Access - Mac OS X Hints Is this what you're trying to do? Was in my inbox today.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

@alysmith

Please do not cross post. It causes confusion and clutters the forums with unnecessary replies. Post only to one forum and post follow ups to the same thread. Thanks for your cooperation.

Your other post has been merged into this thread.
QUOTE Thanks
alysmith

Chscag, yeah I cross-posted bc I wasn't getting any replies (in the original forum I posted). I don't think I'm causing any "confusion." It's really not all that big a deal.

Thanks to all that replied, I really appreciate it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Shortcuts to paste from clipboard multiple clips? | How to delete a service on Mac OS Leopard, manually? »