New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iTunes 10.1

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Raff

Raff is on a distinguished road

Hello

I've bought a 2nd hand iBook which is running Tiger 10.4.11 with iTunes 9 installed on it.

I need to update to iTunes 10.1 so i can sync my iPhone with iTunes as when i plug my iPhone i get the message to go to itunes and download 10.1 but when i do i can only see 10.2 versions which will only work on OS 10.5.

I've 'Googled' iTunes 10.1 and i can't seem to find it and just get links to the 10.2 download.

As you can tell i'm very crap at all this and don't have a clue what i'm doing!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Raff
QUOTE Thanks
dero

dero will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iPod Touch 4Gen 32Gb iMac 21'5 , 4GB memory, Core2Duo 3.06 GHz, 1 TB Hard Drive

Hummm... iTunes 10.1 - FREE Download iTunes - iTunes: Digital music jukebox. Download music, TV shows, movies, and more
anybody know this site?

All I did was a google search: iTune 10.1

My happy Macstable
iPod Touch 4th Gen 32Gb
21'5 iMac , 4GB, Core2Duo 3.06 GHz,
1 Terra HDD
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb

That site is usually reliable, give it a try, i've downloaded a few things from there before and had no problems with any of them!

HTH,
- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I believe you'll find that all versions of iTunes 10 requires OS X 10.5 at a minimum.

And, as for that download, a little closer examination, you'll see that it is a windows executable file, not an OS X file.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
dero

dero will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iPod Touch 4Gen 32Gb iMac 21'5 , 4GB memory, Core2Duo 3.06 GHz, 1 TB Hard Drive

Yup, you are right and when YOU are right, man you are right,
it is window .exe.

My bad!!!
That is why your avatar is one of a wise old man and mine is of a yung punk. lol

My happy Macstable
iPod Touch 4th Gen 32Gb
21'5 iMac , 4GB, Core2Duo 3.06 GHz,
1 Terra HDD
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« help...any way to recover trashed movie/photo | Protemac Meter »