New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

All browsers lead to old site need to purge this from them

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

willie45

willie45 is on a distinguished road

Hi

I have a website which was a package I bought from one company. I then set up another site but want it to have the same web address. I have tweaked my DNS settings on my domain control panel but I still get directed to the old site.

The new company tell me all is working from their end and I need to clear the old settings from my browser. I use firefox. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of absolutely everything from Firefox so I can start from scratch please?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
hw96Lgb

hw96Lgb will become famous soon enough

1. Clear your cache and cookies. If I recall correctly, Firefox has a "Clear Private Data" tab. Check all the drop down menus till you find it. Clear everything.

2. Download Flush to dump your flash cookies quickly.

3. Uninstall all extensions if it still does not work.
QUOTE Thanks
willie45

willie45 is on a distinguished road

Ooops sorry not to have acknowledged your post before now. I have been busy here and there and completely forgot I'd posted here. Sorry.

Anyway thanks very much for your help. It turned out that my ISP had to clear their cache or something which they have now done and all is working as it should

Willie
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best Torrent Client for Mac? | MobileMe/Mail app help please! »