New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Add Multiple Google Accounts to Address Book?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Spektrum32

Spektrum32 is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone!

What is the best solution (a free alternative would obviously be great, but I'll pay) to sync multiple gMail accounts with Address Book???

What I want:

I want to sync 2 Google accounts to Address Book, and I need the contacts to sync with specific folders so I am able to open Address Book and have "My Contacts" with ONLY my Mac contacts, then 2 groups under, one for each Google account.

What I'm working with:

I am on a Mac running 10.6.6. The Google accounts have their own domains, but I am testing with my @gmail.com accounts.

What I have already done:

I have researched for hours and here's what I found:

syncem.com- seemed great until I realized that all of the contacts from all accounts go directly into "My Contacts" so I'm not able to differentiate which ones belong to which account

soocial- seems better for calendars, I'd need to buy it just to see what the multiple Google account functionality looks like

spanningsync- doesn't allow you to add multiple Google accounts, you are basically paying for a pretty interface to manage calendars (or so it appears)

Does anyone have any good recommendations?

~ Dina PY
QUOTE Thanks
jcinpvaz

jcinpvaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektrum32 View Post
Hi Everyone!

What is the best solution (a free alternative would obviously be great, but I'll pay) to sync multiple gMail accounts with Address Book???

What I want:

I want to sync 2 Google accounts to Address Book, and I need the contacts to sync with specific folders so I am able to open Address Book and have "My Contacts" with ONLY my Mac contacts, then 2 groups under, one for each Google account.

What I'm working with:

I am on a Mac running 10.6.6. The Google accounts have their own domains, but I am testing with my @gmail.com accounts.

What I have already done:

I have researched for hours and here's what I found:

syncem.com- seemed great until I realized that all of the contacts from all accounts go directly into "My Contacts" so I'm not able to differentiate which ones belong to which account

soocial- seems better for calendars, I'd need to buy it just to see what the multiple Google account functionality looks like

spanningsync- doesn't allow you to add multiple Google accounts, you are basically paying for a pretty interface to manage calendars (or so it appears)

Does anyone have any good recommendations?

~ Dina PY
First, you can't have a Group with entries that are not also found in All Contacts. The only place to get an entry for a Group is from All Contacts. Adding an entry to a Group automatically adds it to All Contacts.

Second, what you want to do is possible only with separate Address Book Accounts. With the new Address Book Server available with Snow Leopard, you can set up individual MobileMe accounts for your separate Groups. With the advent of the upcoming iCloud, you won't have to do anything to synchronize your accounts across all devices - it will be automatic when you log in to your MobileMe account on any device.

Third, you can share your Address Book with other MobileMe users, and you can do this for each account in the Address Book. This way, you can keep your club contact list up to date for all users who also have a MobileMe account.

Fourth, since each Address Book account has its own All Contacts, there is no need to have a separate Group for those entries unless you wanted to have a Group for club Officers or Board of Directors or for club activities giving the contact for each activity.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Mail problem | HTML into PDF »