New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

User Time limit (kiosk style)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tpmaxwell2

tpmaxwell2 is on a distinguished road

I went to a hotel in Pairs and they have two imacs in their lobby. Anyone can walk up to them and log in by simply clicking the guest account with no password. But then it gives them 30 minutes to use the computer and all approved applications before it would automatically log them out, not saving any info. Then the next person can immediately log on and do the same. Is this a feature built into OSX or is this an application that is allowing this? How do I do this, as I will be setting up a kiosk iMac at my place of work? Thanks in advance!
QUOTE Thanks
TrueTone911

TrueTone911 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 320GB HD, 4GB Ram, OSX 10.6.7

Our kiosks at work are PCs and they use WinU by Bardon Systems. That software is lock down good and you can dial in as much or as little use as you want. Unfortunately (as the name implies) it's a Windows application.

No hum, no buzz, no problem.
QUOTE Thanks
tpmaxwell2

Yeah, I saw this running on a Mac tho and that is what I have at my work. But I will look into WinU and see if they have any companion Mac OSX products. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

This might be along the lines of what you're looking for wKiosk
QUOTE Thanks
tpmaxwell2

Awesome Brian!!!! I am downloading the trial version now. Thanks so much
QUOTE Thanks
yvesmailhot

yvesmailhot is on a distinguished road

Hi, eCrisper from Kiosk software for Mac public access internet terminals - eCrisper for Mac is another option also with free trial copy you can download.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« QuickTime Player Full Screen mode | Restoring Mail In-box »